Monday, 22 April 2013

Treats of the week

Does McDonalds still have a Treat of the Week?  I always loved getting that - especially when it was a sticker scene.

Anyway, I thought it would be a good name for these little posts of happy things from the week.  Today was a particularly crappy day at work (I got stuck behind a stalled truck in the Tim Horton's drive-thru which then made me late for work, I discovered a GIANT hole in my tights which caused them to run and be ruined, I forgot my swipe card at home so I needed security to let me in and out of everywhere, and I got stuck at work late.  Oh, and something is leaking from my car) I thought it definitely necessary to keep my perspective in check!

  • I got to pull out my sandals for the first time!  They are barely holding on by a thread, so I may need to replace them, but damn it was nice to wear them again!
  • A day spent shopping.  My friend Jenn and I went out shopping together on Saturday and it was so nice to just be out and not needing to rush back anywhere.
  • A burger with poutine ON IT.  It was insane.
  • Seeing Vivian at her first gymnastics lesson.
  • First trip to Denny's in Grand Bend of the season (no, this isn't the same as the other Denny's.  Those who know what I'm talking about know what a big deal this is!)
  • Wunderbar ice cream.
  • Things sprouting in the garden.
  • Knowing that I won't be stuck late at work for any other days this week.
  • The pizza delivery guy complimenting my Jeff Lemire posters.
  • Sleeping with the window open.
Hope your week was filled with lots of good things too!

No comments: