Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Resolutions I might actually keep

I'm not really one for resolutions.  I'm too stubborn for my own good - I'm even stubborn against myself.  Like the second I say, "That's it!  No more fast food!" I start to argue with myself that there's some good reason why I can have some, whether it be that I exercised and earned it, or skipped lunch so it all balances out, or because I'm an adult, dammit.

You can see how this goes downhill quickly.

That being said, I thought this year I would set some goals and resolutions that I might actually stand a chance at keeping.

  • I resolve to eat more nachos.  Do you realize how delicious nachos are?  I could probably eat them every day, and have eaten them for many days in a row.  They're quick and easy and awesome.
  • I resolve to watch more TV.  Some people might think that this is impossible for me, but I recorded like a dozen episodes of Community the other day and there's a new season of the Kardashians starting.
  • I resolve to wear pajamas more.  Because I have to dress like a grown-up during the day Monday to Friday, evenings and weekends are pajama time unless real pants are absolutely necessary.  Luckily I got a Lulu Lemon gift card for Christmas and Lulus are like socially acceptable pajama pants that make your butt look awesome.
  • I resolve to go to bed when I want to.  Those nights when I just want to crawl into bed at 9:00?  I think I just might.  Laundry can wait for another day.
  • I resolve to spray paint more junk.  Do you know how long it's been since I've spray painted something?  Far too long!  My trigger finger is itchy!
  • I resolve to remember that sometimes "okay" is good enough.  Things don't always have to be perfect, or even great.  Sometimes it's enough to just be okay.  And things aren't always as bad as they seem, sometimes they're really just okay.  And that's okay.
  • I resolve to write here more.  The last few months have been rough, and instead of using this blog as an outlet, I found I often couldn't find the words and just ignored it instead.  So hopefully you'll see much more regular posting in 2013.
Did you make any resolutions this year?  If so - good luck!  Does it irritate anyone else that this time of year everyone is always "boo, last year was awful!  This year is going to be so much better!"  All those people who are championing that 2013 is going to be THE year will be the same ones who are ready to get it over with in December and ready for 2014 to be THE year.

1 comment:

Joan Crawford said...

Yay for nachos! Do you like the nachos with the cheese-like dip? Because I love them. I realize that they are made of oil and powder (and that no cheese is involved) and that they will survive a nuclear blast but I love me some nachos and "cheese"!