Wednesday, 12 December 2012

Christmas Faves

It's that time of year when you can basically watch a different Christmas movie every night of the week.  Christmas shows and movies always make me super nostalgic, so I thought I would share some of my faves with you guys!

A Christmas Story

When I was a kid, this movie was such a mystery. We never knew when it was going to be on or even what it was called. It was always just something that you would stumble across one day and then freak out because that "you'll shoot your eye out" movie was on. It always reminded me of The Wonder Years because of the voice over too. As time went on, it became a cult classic and then TBS started airing it for 24 hours a day and you could find it on DVD everywhere. It may not be so mysterious anymore, but it really is a classic.




The Family Man

What?  A Nicholas Cage movie? I know, but hear me out. I love The Family Man, it's one of those sweet overlooked movies that isn't really a Christmas movie but kind of sort of is. Plus it has Tea Leoni who is pretty much always awesome.





A Colbert Christmas

If you haven't seen Stephen Colbert's intentionally cheesy and amazing Christmas special, I strongly recommend that you do so.  Full of guest stars and awesomeness.




Mickey's Christmas Carol

With so many great versions of A Christmas Carol out there - from the old black and white Alastair Sim version, to the Muppets to Scrooged, but there's a special place in my heart for the Mickey Mouse version. 




Care Bears The Nutcracker

I could be wrong (but I doubt it), but I believe we actually owned this movie on VHS back in the day, which no doubt meant a few too many viewings for my mom's taste.



Christmas Vacation

Definitely one of those "must watch every year or else it doesn't feel like Christmas" movies.



Elf

Just the happiest, goofiest movie ever.




How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Of course.




What about you?  What are your holiday faves?  Even though they aren't really Christmas movies, I always want to have a Lord of the Rings marathon at Christmas time.  Since they came out at Christmas, they're forever associated with it for me!

No comments: