Tuesday, 13 November 2012

Everyone needs a good box

I stopped in at a different thrift store last week - the South Side Thrift Store on Southdale Road in London.  I've been meaning to check it out for ages so when I had some time to kill on Friday I made my way over there.

All in all it wasn't a bad shop, but I didn't see a whole lot that caught my eye.  I did spy this almost as soon as I walked in though...


It's a cute little jewellery box type thing - it's actually probably a man's valet I suppose.  I love the little handle on it and the details at the corners - it's like the tiniest campaign dresser ever!



 Gotta love that harvest gold interior!

I don't really have anything to put in it though, since I have an abundance of jewellery storage and a lack of jewellery, as well as a lack of the effort that is required to actually change jewellery on a regular basis.  I've been wearing the same necklace for a year, and will continue to do so until it breaks.

What do you think?  It's pretty cute for $4, right?  What's your favourite way to store your pretty sparkly things?

2 comments:

Bubble My Licorice said...

this is great :)
your blog is amazing!

http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

Sara said...

Too cute to pass up! I nominated you for the Liebster Award, check it out on my blog!