Sunday, 21 October 2012

Vivian Vendredi-ish - Potential blankie surgery?

I've mentioned before about Vivian's "Bibby".  Bibby is Vivian's best friend/blankie.  He's hideous and green and a frog, but she loves him.  The biggest problem with Bibby is that he's just too big.  He gets dragged around and is constantly gross and disgusting.  As the weather gets colder and wetter, it's getting harder and harder to keep him clean.  My mom keeps suggesting that I just cut him in half.  That way I would have a backup and Vivian would have a smaller, more manageable blanket to carry around with her.

But would he lose his magic if I did that?

I would feel better if I had a second Bibby as a backup in case she freaks if he was cut in half.  If anyone knows where to find a blanket like this, let me know.

An old pic of Vivian and Bibby
Has anyone had any experience in blankie surgery?  Is it just asking for trouble?  Vivian's a little, shall we say, particular about things.  She sleeps with Bibby every night, so the thought of messing with that scares me just a little bit.  Of course, the idea of dragging around a soaking wet blanket that's got salt and slush and god only knows what else all over it seems even worse.

And now some pictures of Vivian this week.



No comments: