Sunday, 14 October 2012

Vivian Vendredi-ish - Free child labour

Vivian is solidly in the "helpful toddler" phase, where she constantly wants to help with whatever I'm doing.  Sometimes it's good, like when I want something put in the blue box and she'll toddle off to do it for me, and other times it's not so good like when I just want to put some dishes in a sink and she has to dive right in to wash them right away.  While the sentiment is wonderful, it usually ends up in soapy water being everywhere and a costume change being required for her.



It is really sweet seeing her be so proud of herself though.  So far her chores include the dishes, taking things to the blue box or putting things in the garbage can, feeding the cats and helping load and unload the dishwasher.  If I could get her to do the laundry then I would really be in business.


The above picture is her warning me that the water is hot.  Safety first!

What are some other good toddler chores?  Sometimes I feel like she wants to help more, but there's only so much I can let her do.  I do pretty much all of my cleaning with vinegar and water though, so I suppose I could set her loose with a spray bottle and a cloth and just let her go to town.

No comments: