Monday, 22 October 2012

Thrifting Finds!

I took a swing out to Talize the other day on my lunch break.  I usually kind of avoid the thrift stores around Halloween, just because they're so busy and picked over, but I was bored so I took my chances.

And I'm so glad that I did!

Check out my new coffee carafe that I really don't need and who knows if I'll ever use it but it's so darn cute I just couldn't turn it down and it was only $3.99.


So pretty, right?

Then of course I had to stop to check out the sheet situation.  And I saw this sheet from down the aisle and practically ran to it.  A woman in a wheelchair asked for my help, and of course I did help her, but if someone else had started to move in on my sheets I would have dove right over her to grab them!

Observe, vintage Rainbow Brite sheet!


Can you believe it?  I'm so excited - I had the matching comforter when I was little!  And the best part?  THERE WERE TWO.  Two vintage Rainbow Brite twin sized flat sheets.  And they're in perfect condition.  I'm thinking curtains for Vivian's room.  Because obviously I bought them both - there was no way I was leaving one behind!  The best part?  When I showed them to Vivian she said, "Oh wow, Mommy!  Nice!"  So yeah, she gets me.

I grabbed this vintage sheet too.  Something about pairing the feminine flowers with the bold, graphic masculine colours really spoke to me.  It's a fitted twin sheet - I think it could look great as pillows!


So that was my score from this time.  I mean, come on.  VINTAGE RAINBOW BRITE, PEOPLE!

Anyone else do any thrifting?  There's a few shops in London that I've been meaning to check out, hopefully I can get to them soon!

No comments: