Friday, 17 August 2012

Vivian Vendredi - Storybook Gardens

Vivian had her first trip to Storybook Gardens last weekend, a definite rite of passage in this area.  Who doesn't have a picture of themselves sitting with Humpty Dumpty?  She had a great time chasing the kids and geese around (she's really into "duckies" right now for some reason), even though the pictures don't seem like she was having the best time.

The park's a lot different now that there's no animals - they have rides, like a ferris wheel and swings and stuff, but Vivian was too small for most of it.  Somehow I got conned into cramming myself into a flying elephant ride with three kids, don't really know how that happened.


They do have the nice, big splash pad there though.  Most of the kids were having a great time, the two boys that my mom has with her right now thought it was awesome, but Vivian and the little girl who is staying with mom were not as interested in the splash pad.


There was a lot of this...


And even more this...


But in the end, we only had minor freakouts (they were geese related) and Vivian didn't fall off any play equipment (although there were some close calls.  The girl is fearless.)

Anyone else have a kid that hates splash pads?  I can't say I blame her, I think I would have hated them as a kid too.

No comments: