Tuesday, 28 August 2012

Outfit of the Day - Drinking the skinny jean kool-aid

I've been against the whole skinny jean thing since it started.  See, I always figured that skinny jeans were for skinny people.  And any time that I would even attempt to cram myself into a pair of skinny jeans, I couldn't even fit my foot through the leg of the pants.  (According to Forever 21, I have fat feet.  That's a rant for another post though.)  So I just figured that it was a fad that I would miss, and that was that.

Then I got to thinking.  I have no problem with wearing tights and leggings, and aren't those the same idea as skinny jeans?  I figured that I couldn't deal with my leg being cut off that severely at the ankle - I wanted more fabric around my ankles to balance out the whole thigh situation.  But then I got my super-cute new ankle boots (bring it on, fall!  I want to wear them!) and figured that I might be able to get away with wearing skinny jeans with those, since they would provide me with that cankel coverage that I was looking for.  Then since Old Navy had their jeans on sale (and they're still on sale!) for $19, and I had a 15% off coupon on top of that, I figured that there was no better time to try these out and took the plunge.


And I have to say, it wasn't all that bad.


Now, these aren't the most comfortable of jeans, because they have no stretch in them.  Old Navy had a style that had stretch, but the waist and crotch area were being all flonky with those, so these seemed to fit better.  What do you think?  I felt pretty comfortable in them, and they seemed to work okay with this top.  This is the weirdest top though - in person it looks really nice, and I get a lot of compliments on it, but in these pictures it looks super weird.  Maybe because the tank underneath is so much shorter?  I don't know, it bugs me.

But there you go - I've had my skinny jean kool-aid, and it's pretty tasty.  These will definitely be making an appearance in Montreal this weekend!

Jeans - Old Navy (Flirt Skinny Fit)
Top and Tank - Smart Set
Sandals - Aldo

No comments: