Thursday, 9 August 2012

Mark your calendars...

...because it's coming.

The Purge is coming to a close and is culminating in The Yard Sale.

Check out my Kijiji ad here, then come and visit me at the yard sale!





The Purge has been a really good thing for me.  Just going through things, determining what I needed, what I had too much of...it's really amazing how much STUFF you can accumulate, and how little of it you need.  But, for me The Purge hit a point where I started to find myself obsessing over it.  That's where "purging" became The Purge.  It had a name, because it was taking up that much of my life.  I had anxiety over it, I wouldn't be able to sit still, I would look at a closet or a drawer and all I could think was "What else can I get rid of?  I can make this closet emptier.  This desk can have another empty drawer."  I was getting addicted to it, which sounds weird, but it's true.  That's just the way my personality works.  I'm one of those fun people who has an addictive personality, but instead of becoming addicted to negative substances, I get addicted to behaviours.

So, I'm purging The Purge.  And then I'll move on to the next addiction.  I'm kind of hoping that I'll get addicted to working out again.  Oh, to go back to the days of going to the gym twice in one day, or going for 3 or more hours at a time.  Sigh.  Those were the days.

But, if you're a blog reader and you're in the area, stop by the yard sale!  I would love to see you, and you can take some of my junk away with you!

Got any yard sale tips for me?  It's been a long time since I've had one.  I'm not looking to make a bunch of money, I just want the stuff gone!

No comments: