Monday, 30 July 2012

Outfit of the Day - Orange You Glad I Went Shopping?

A month from now, I'll be gearing up for my vacation.  A real, live vacation.  I'm going on a girls trip to Montreal for the weekend and I'm super excited.  Of course, a whole weekend spent being a grown up means that I need some new clothes.

I'm not a big shopper, mostly because I'm poor.  I usually say that I'm cheap, but poor is closer to the truth.  So instead of doing one big trip, I've just been keeping my eye out for cheap pieces that can be used in a variety of ways.  So you luck blog readers will get to see some new duds in the next few weeks - and I'll be sure to have someone take pictures of outfits while I'm done up in Montreal!

So here's the new top I got.  I don't usually wear orange, but I really liked how this is a darker orange (it's a richer colour than it seems in these pictures), and it's kind of a floaty, silky fabric, so it seems fancier than what it is.  I paired it here with my grey herringbone skirt, but I think it would work great with jeans or shorts as well.  And I love anything that can get a cardigan thrown over it.


Those weird dark dots on my hips are from the top - it has like hoodie strings on it, with beads at the end.  I don't know why, but they're there.


Of course I wore a tank top under it for work to keep the boobage to a minimum.


The best part is of course that it was on clearance.  Marked down to $24.99, which is pricey for me, but I really liked it.  Then it was an additional 25% off the sale price, but when I checked my receipt after, the girl had rung things in for an additional 40% off.  Score!

Both tanks - Smart Set
Skirt - Pure by Alfred Sung
Shoes - Old Navy

P.S. - I need to know where the best poutine in Montreal is.  Because I intend to eat the shit out of it.

No comments: