Tuesday, 3 July 2012

Outfit of the Day - Cleaned Up

I've been slacking on the Outfit of the Day posts lately, mostly because it's been so insanely hot out that I've been alternating the same four dresses and then just living in cut offs on the weekends.  But this past weekend I had a wedding to go to, and as such had a real reason to dress like a grown up!

So here's what I came up with for the wedding.  Nothing new, something I've had around for a few years.  It's actually a dress I bought for a Christmas party a few years ago, and the shoes are my wedding shoes.



And in addition to the usual self-pictures, you get a special hotel lobby photo shoot!  With a pay phone!





Nothing says classy like a farmer's tan.

And I even had my hair done, by my mom of course.  I love the "done but undone" look.


Oh, and what was even classier was my DIY secret.  See, as I was getting dressed, I started to have that feeling.  You know the one, ladies.  The one where things aren't quite sitting right, and you just feeling lumpy-dumpy and are about 5 seconds away from ripping off your clothes, kicking them across the room, and collapsing into a sobbing puddle before trying to decide if you can get away with wearing jogging pants to the event in question.  I knew I just needed a little smoothing action, but I don't own any smoothing undergarments.  About to fly off the handle, I remembered that the last time I wore this dress, it was in the winter, so I got to wear tights with it.  Oh tights, how I love you with your waistbands that can reach all the way up to my bra and give me that nice little bonus tummy-tuck action.  Of course, it was 40 degrees on Saturday, so tights were out of the question.  What wasn't out of the question?  Cutting the legs off of a pair of tights and just wearing the rest of it as some sort of Frankenunderwear.  WHERE IS MY REALITY TV SHOW?  THIS IS GOLD.

Dress and belt - H&M
Shoes - Nine West
Clutch - Old Navy
Earrings - Vintage from Lovesick


1 comment:

JennO said...

Frankenunderwear was at my wedding? I am honoured....