Monday, 16 July 2012

Oops. (And kind of an outfit of the day)

So my friend messages me last week an asks to use my printer, because she needs to print something out in colour.  Always happy to help a friend, I tell her to come on over.

Now, my printer is a laser printer, and sometimes it says that the waste toner cartridge needs to be emptied/replaced.  I think this is a scam, because the waste toner cartridge is a little piece of plastic that doesn't hold anything, it just sits there.  So usually I can just pop it out, wipe it off and it works fine.

So she comes over, and of course the house is in chaos because it's 5:00 o'clock and Vivian isn't feeling well and I'm heading out to the movies and just the general after-work craziness.  I'm running around holding the whole toner cartridge in my hand and wiping it with a wet wipe to make sure it works.

Then this happened.


Somehow, the toner managed to dump all down my leg and all over the floor.  Oh, and it was right in front of the cold air intake vent in the hallway, so it all got sucked up.  What a mess.


But, messes are easily cleaned up, and luckily I don't own any nice clothing, so I wasn't worried about anything being ruined anyway.

Oh, and if you were wondering, this is basically what I'm wearing 95% of the time that I'm not at work.  Sloppy jean cutoffs and a T-shirt.  Fashion plate!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:s did it come out? - S.

ashlie said...

It did! It came right out, no problem!