Tuesday, 31 July 2012

My new old bag

Do you ever get that little nudge to go somewhere?  I get it every now and then to check out particular thrift stores, and I never like to ignore them - there could be something perfect waiting for you!  Today I had the urge to go to Lovesick, my favourite vintage clothing store in London.  I don't go very often, but today I just had to go.

I'd been meaning to stop in to see if I could find a new purse, and in about 5 seconds I zeroed in on this bad boy.


I love him.

He's a vintage Samsonite camera bag, and he's bad ass.  Naturally, his name is Sam.

Sam don't play.  He's a big boy.  His pockets totally won me over - a narrower one in back, and a big deep main pocket, plus the two narrower ones on the front.


 See that?  That's my arm, elbow deep into the bag.


The strap is long, which means I can make it cross-body.  I wish it was a bit longer, since I don't have a torso and the bag hits me in kind of a weird place, but you can't be picky with vintage stuff like this.


It is pretty comfortable to wear like this though, and I can always shorten the strap if I want to wear it on one shoulder.


He's so big that I can almost fit my laptop in.  And my laptop is kind of a big old dinosaur, so that's pretty impressive.  Sam will definitely be helpful for packing for the train ride to Montreal.  I think that front pocket is about perfect for an iPad or eReader too if I ever move into that stage of technology.


What do you think?  Do you love Sam as much as I do?  Or do you think that the vintage camera bag as a purse idea is a little crazy?  Kim at Lovesick assured me that it was a fantastic idea.  If you haven't been to Lovesick, you definitely need to check it out!

No comments: