Friday, 8 June 2012

Vivian Vendredi - Modern Baby

There are a lot of modern conveniences for babies today.  Fancy strollers, high tech toys, and YouTube.  Glorious, glorious YouTube.  Vivian has recently discovered the joys of watching Bubble Guppies on YouTube and has become thoroughly obsessed.


She even looks a little drunk in this picture, she's so happy.

One day this week I took her into the bathroom for her bath and she ran out and plopped herself on the couch with the laptop in her lap.  I brought her home another day and went to the washroom and all I could hear was "Mama!  Mama, please!  Buppies!"  Now, I don't think she's actually stringing together three words yet, I more think that she knows that if she yells any one of those three words enough I end up doing something that she wants.

Now as nice as it is to have an "in case of emergency" stash of Bubble Guppies episodes, she's become really obsessed with it and has been throwing major tantrums if she doesn't get to watch it the second she wants to, or if anyone else even touches the laptop.

So it looks like the laptop won't be living in the living room anymore.  It might have to be hidden away and only pulled out for those emergency situations.

1 comment:

Micaela said...

I'm so showing that to Casey too! Hope he likes it. I always say that I can't wait until he watches TV, and I'll probably be eating my words someday. I just want him to cuddle on the couch with me watching a tv show.