Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Things that are making me happy

Here's a few things that have been making me smile lately.  Always gotta acknowledge the little things, right?

I'll warn you right now - a lot of them have to do with food.

First up, Coors Light Iced Tea.  Or CLIT as I prefer to call it.  Have you tried these yet?  They are amazing!  They taste like iced tea, but without the sweetness, and taste like beer without any kind of aftertaste.  They taste better and better the colder they are - the perfect summer drink!



Then we have Earls Kitchen and Bar.  One recently opened up in London and I am in love.  Every time I go, I like it a little more.  All their meat is organic, fresh never frozen.  They have an amazing in-house beer.  The garlic bread is so big you practically need a knife and fork to eat it.  They have a dynamite roll appetizer that is some of the best sushi I've ever had.  Amazing interior and an even better patio - both covered and uncovered!  And the patios are heated and they have blankets for those chilly nights!  Love it!  And they have super pretty waitresses who have all been really nice in my experience.  Love this place!


Pink grapes.  I should say these were making me happy, because I can't seem to find them any more.  It's like a zinfandel as a fruit.  Super sweet and juicy, not even a hint of sour.  Love.


My new to me earrings from Lovesick.  I actually got these way back at new years, but never got around to blogging about them.  Lovesick is my favourite vintage clothing store downtown - if you haven't been, you need to go!  Such a crazy variety of stuff and super great prices.  I got these earrings for $12 and I love them.


 Cake without icing.  I'm not a big icing fan, so every now and then I like to just bake a cake and not even put on the pretense of icing it.  What can I say, I'm a purist.


My mug!  This mug is so amazing that I made you all a video just so you can witness it in all of its glory.

video

What's putting a smile on your face these days?

3 comments:

PeaceandLoveJdub said...

Yay! Way to spread the gospel of the CLIT - it's good stuff!! Also - super awesome mug?! It's like magic! Where the eff did you get this marvel??

Julien Chabot said...

I didn't read your post, I just saw your fbook update w/bud light iced-t and wanted to say... that's fucking disgusting.

Julien Chabot said...

k, I thought you were talking about those bud light mojitos... gross. But a coors light iced tea kind of makes me want to remove my taste buds with a staple gun.