Tuesday, 26 June 2012

Fall TV 2012

Okay, finally, here is my post about the upcoming new fall shows that I'm looking forward to.  I've been meaning to do it since the schedules were released last month.  To be honest though, this is the only post that I ever write that requires actual notes and research, so it takes a little while for me to get my ass in gear to sit down and write it.

So without further ado, here are the new shows that I'm excited about.  There are many more that I'm not excited about.  You can find out about them on your own time.

666 Park Avenue
ABC, Sundays at 10:00



Yes, the title is a little hokey.  And yes, the whole "haunted house/apartment" idea is maybe a little overdone.  But Terry O'Quinn is starring in this, so I will for sure be tuning in.

The Mob Doctor
FOX, Mondays at 9:00



This one really surprised me.  I didn't think I would be into it at all, but the trailer totally pulled me in.  I think it looks fun - and was that Michael Rappaport I saw?  I love him!

Partners
CBS, Mondays at 9:30



Yes, it's very sitcomy, which isn't usually my thing.  But I do like David Krumholtz, so I'll at least check out my standard 3 episodes.

Revolution
NBC, Mondays at 10:00



Can you say 'high concept'?  Just a little show from JJ Abrams and a pilot episode directed by Jon Favreau about what happens when every electronic device in the world stops working.  Fifteen years later, the world is a very different place.  Oh, and Giancarlo Esposito is there, which instantly ups the awesome factor.  I'm really excited for this show, but also wary of it being in the hands of NBC.  (Anyone remember what happened to other high-concept NBC shows like Heroes and The Event?  Uh, yeah.)

Ben & Kate
FOX, Tuesdays at 8:30



I know, it seems a little predictable and sappy, but I think it looks kind of charming and funny.  Tuesdays are 30 minute comedies across the board - it's kind of bizarre.  So be prepared for lots of little bits of funny to make their way into your schedule.

Go On
NBC, Tuesdays at 9:00



I'm a sucker for Matthew Perry.  I even watched him in 'Mr. Sunshine'.  So I'll be tuning in for this comedy about a man grieving his wife's death and going to group therapy.  I know, it's a laugh riot!

The Mindy Project
FOX, Tuesdays at 9:30



Oh I love Mindy Kaling.  Ignore the stupid voiceover in the trailer though.

The New Normal
NBC, Tuesdays at 9:30



This show seems so cute and sweet - I hope it lives up to the trailer.  Plus - Justin Bartha and Ellen Barkin!  Yay!

Vegas
CBS, Tuesdays at 10:00



Oh man, I am pumped for this show!  Dennis Quaid in a cowboy hat!  Vegas in the 60s!  So much awesome!

Arrow
CW, Wednesdays at 8:00



I've been saying for years that if DC wants to have a comparable movie franchise to Marvel, then they need to make a Green Arrow movie.  This will work too though.  It looks so awesome - I'm really excited about it.  I never got on the Smallville train, but I'm hoping Arrow is worth a ride!

Nashville
ABC, Wednesdays at 10:00



This basically looks like Connie Britton is playing Faith Hill and Hayden Panettiere is Taylor Swift or something.  Not really my usual thing, but I really like Hayden Panettiere, so I'll check it out a couple times at least.

Elementary
CBS, Thursdays at 10:00



An updated version of Sherlock Holmes with Jonny Lee Miller as Sherlock and Lucy Liu as Watson.  Man, this show looks SO GOOD!  And no, I haven't watched the British 'Sherlock' yet, but it's in my to-watch pile.

So that's what I'm looking forward to for the Fall viewing season.  What about you?  Anything strike your fancy?  Am I the only one who is dying for the Olympics to start?  (I love the Olympics!)

I'll put up another post later about the midseason shows - there's a lot of them that are sounding very promising too!


No comments: