Monday, 4 June 2012

1:23:33

Well I did the Bridge Race on the weekend!  I'm super glad that I did, and am pretty pleased with myself.  I definitely took my share of walking breaks (especially after km 7 when my hips started to seize up a bit) but I finished strong and sprinted my ass across the finish line with a time of 1:23:33.  The time was pretty much what I was expecting for myself, and now I have a goal to beat for next year.

For finishing the race, you get a medal.  You know I was all over that.


Yes, it's mirror-imaged because I used the laptop camera.  Deal with it.

Of course I decided to bust out my label maker so I could record the year, my bib number and my finish time so I know what to beat for next year.  Of course I hope to have a collection of many of these medals over the years and it will be nice to look back on my times.


What did you do on the weekend?  Finish anything you're particularly proud of?  I also finished painting that thing that I hinted at a few weeks ago - that post should be up tomorrow!

No comments: