Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Now what do I do with this?

I'm painting something again.  I won't tell you what though - you can discuss it amongst yourselves and I should have a reveal post later this week or early next week.

But yeah, I'm painting.  Because I'm purging stuff, I'm trying to get around to painting or doing whatever to all that stuff I picked up over the last year.  Either I'll do something with it, or I'll get rid of it at a yard sale.

So in order to paint this item, it needed to be primed first.  I'm not a big fan of priming in general, but this one needed it.  Luckily, I had been purging things in the garage and found a gallon of primer in there from the old owners.  Score.

Or so I thought.

I went to pry it open tonight and could not get the lid off.  So I did what any rational person would do - attacked it with the claw of the hammer until I ripped a hole in it and managed to get the lid off that way.


See that hole?  Can you believe that people have told me I'm rammy?

So once I got into the can I realized that not only was it separated (which I expected) but it had basically turned to concrete.


You can't really tell, but I'm pressing that stir stick in as hard as I can and it's not giving at all.  Blech.

So now I have a can of set concrete with some slime on the top.  Awesome.  I hate having things like this that aren't easily disposed.

But I did manage to get a coat on my item - I had some leftover plain white paint, so I just used that instead.  I'll be back soon with a reveal!

No comments: