Thursday, 17 May 2012

I'm sorry, what?

First - a little background.

When I was a kid, I loved all things paranormal and weird.  (Okay, that hasn't really changed.)  Maybe it was a little too much time spent watching "Unsolved Mysteries" or maybe it was because my grandma gave me a Reader's Digest book called "Bizarre Phenomena" when I was far too young to read it.  (I just checked, and she gave it to me for Christmas '92.  So I was 10 and reading about people spontaneously bursting into flames.  Completely appropriate reading material.)  Anyway, for whatever reason along the way, I fell in love with the Easter Island heads.  I remember going to the Thedford library to read their one book about the heads over and over again, completely fascinated by the whole idea.  Going to Easter Island is still a dream of mine.

So imagine how my mind was blown when I came across this article from Think Box.


THE HEADS HAVE BODIES

Did you know this?  My mind is totally blown.  Is yours?  It's amazing to me the things that are still out there to discover.  Who knows, maybe the Loch Ness Monster will be on the cover of People magazine next year.

Have you ever found out something like this that totally blew you away?  Were you given inappropriate books as a child?

No comments: