Monday, 7 May 2012

Fight For Your Right

As I'm sure you've heard, the music world lost Adam "MCA" Yauch to cancer on Friday.  It was such terrible news, and I'm sure it will be one of those celebrity deaths that will stay with me where I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news.  I'd just gotten back from lunch with Jenn when I saw it in my newsfeed.  I literally gasped and covered my mouth in shock.  It's just so sad - not only to lose someone so influential and who possessed such genius, but just to see someone go so young when there was so much more he could have done.

I found it particularly sad because The Beastie Boys were that band for me that I have always wanted to see live, but never had the chance.  Now I never will.  Do you have a band like that?  That number one band on your list that you've always wanted to see in concert?  It's funny how it works out - it may not necessarily be your favourite band, or the one you listen to the most, but for one reason or another there seems to always be one band that stands above the rest that you just know would be amazing live.

Sigh.

Goodbye, MCA.





No comments: