Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Awkward - Public Workouts

I've mentioned before that I work in a not-so-great part of the city.  Because of this, I've gotten pretty used to seeing a lot of weird and random things.  Today was something new though.

As I was waiting on the sidewalk to cross the street at lunchtime, my coworker and I noticed a young man jogging along the sidewalk.  Nothing unusual there.  Then he dropped to the sidewalk and started doing a series of push-ups right there and then.  Not just a couple of standard push-ups either, but like a complicated series of push-ups where he would switch to one-armed and stuff.  Then he got up and jogged a bit further.  Okay, that was a little weird, but I guess it's okay.  Then he stopped jogging again and started shadow boxing.  Right there on Dundas Street, just shadow boxing and doing push-ups.

I totally wanted to follow him to see what else was involved in his little interval workout.  But you know, it's Dundas Street, you don't approach people there.

No comments: