Wednesday, 11 April 2012

Soundtrack Sound-Off - Juno

In this installment of Soundtrack Sound-Off (because that's a thing now) I wanted to take a look at one of my absolute favourites - the Juno soundtrack.  This was a movie where I walked out of the theater saying "Wow, that was an awesome soundtrack!"

If you're a fan of folksy, acoustic guitar stuff, this album is for you!  Sprinkled with instrumental interludes and featuring a whole heck of a lot of Kimya Dawson (I usually have issues with repeating an artist on a mixed album, but that's a blog for another day) it comes together with a few classic tracks to make the perfect album for chill out listening.  I love this soundtrack for when I'm driving, or when I need a little quiet morning music.

Favourite tracks?  I love, love "All I Want is You", and I prefer the Michael Cera/Ellen Page version of "Anyone Else But You".  My heart breaks every single time I hear "Sea of Love", just like it did when it played in the movie.  My one issue?  It always bothered me in the movie when the Jason Bateman character plays "All the Young Dudes" for Juno and he's all surprised that she recognizes it.  Is that not a really famous song?  I feel like everyone has heard it at some point.

Anyway, enjoy the folksy goodness!

1. All I want is you - Barry Louis Polisar



2. My Rollercoaster - Kimya Dawson



3. A Well Respected Man - The Kinks



4. Dearest - Buddy Holly



5. Up The Spout - Mateo Messina



6. Tire Swing - Kimya Dawson



7. Piazza, New York Catcher - Belle & Sebastian



8. Loose Lips - Kimya Dawson



9. Superstar - Sonic Youth



10. Sleep - Kimya Dawson



11. Expectations - Belle & Sebastian



12. All the Young Dudes - Mott The Hoople



13. So Nice So Smart - Kimya Dawson



14. Sea of Love - Cat Power



15. Tree Hugger - Kimya Dawson and Antsy Pants



16. I'm Sticking With You - The Velvet Underground



17. Anyone Else But You - The Moldy Peaches



18. Vampire - Antsy Pants



19. Anyone Else But You - Michael Cera and Ellen Page

No comments: