Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Not cool, Subway.

I love food.  But I'm kind of lazy at eating.  Therefore, I'm a big fan of what I like to call "All In One" meals.  You know the type - soup, casseroles, meat pies, pizza...anything where you can fit all the food groups into one bite.  Of course, the ultimate all in one food is the sandwich.  Is there anything better in this world than a really good sandwich?  I think not.

Now as fond as I am of sandwiches, I'm also very fond of good deals.  Which is why the $5 footlong deal at Subway was so awesome.  Great big sandwich for a little price = awesome.

So you can imagine my horror when the $5 footlongs were changed to $5.25 footlongs, and they introduced a rotating schedule of sandwiches for $6.  See, as much as I love food and good deals, I also enjoy a good stubborn boycott.

Since Subway changed their pricing, I haven't been back.  I'm boycotting them until the return of the $5 footlong.  Some might argue that the $6 subs are a better deal since they're fancier subs, but I don't care.  I'm bitter that I can't get a footlong pizza sub for $5 anymore.

Luckily, I can still get a $5 large sub from Quiznos.  If they changed their prices, I don't know what I would do.  They already have one strike against them for getting rid of the chicken tzatziki sub on me.  Tread lightly, Quiznos.  If I lose you, the only option left is Mr. Sub.  And I'm not doing that.  I don't like rectangles of meat.

3 comments:

Sara said...

We are experiencing a sandwich dilemma here in st. Louis...well at least in my house. They have closed ALL the Quiznos except 2!!!! My boyfriend is about to riot. They haven't yet increased prices at subway here in the states....but now you can only get certain $5 subs after 4 or 6pm...kinda odd to put time limits on sandwiches. Luckily we have a lot great local delis that can keep us satisfied.

STAY STRONG!

Eleven's Ink said...

I so get you Ashlie, being a subway fanatic myself. My dilemma though is that subway near campus is a giant masshole of a subway and LIMITS your vegetables. When I say three vegetables per 6 inch, I mean THREE. Yes, as in three olives.

Anonymous said...

They get you hooked with the good deal and then raise the price. Bastards!!!!