Monday, 16 April 2012

I can't possibly be the only one who remembers this

Now, I have no shame about the amount of TV that I watch.  In fact, I'm ashamed that I don't have time to watch more TV.  TV is awesome - and reality TV is its own special kind of awesome.

Now I've always maintained that I don't care how "real" a reality TV show is.  If it's entertaining, then it's serving its purpose.  Because of this logic, I've ended up watching a lot of terrible reality TV.  But the show that takes the cake has to be Forever Eden.

Does anyone else remember Forever Eden?  It was pretty much the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.  The whole premise was that the show could go on FOREVER.  To the point that they made a big point at the start of burning everyone's driver's licenses and passports.  Because they might be on this show FOREVER.

It was on the air for seven episodes.

The best part about watching the show was that they seemed to arbitrarily change the rules constantly.  I don't remember how things went or what the point was, but it was a constant battle of "so and so won immunity.  But now, because of this twist, everyone else has immunity and the person who originally won immunity is kicked out of Eden!"

I can't imagine why it didn't take off.

Seriously - does anyone else remember this show?  Or have I just crossed some sort of invisible line into real pop culture craziness?

1 comment:

Eleven's Ink said...

I watched ALOT of reality tv (love boat, paradise hotel) but never heard of Forever Eden but reminds me a lot about paradise hotel where rules were constantly changed to fit the production value. Agree though - tv rocks!