Monday, 23 April 2012

Five Cans of Spray Paint Later...

I've been painting again.  Shocking, I know.  I've actually been wanting to paint my desk for ages, and had decided to paint it purple back in the winter, but was just waiting for it to be warm enough to actually get it done.  

Have you ever irrationally wanted to paint something a certain colour?  For whatever reason, I've been dying to paint something purple.  A room, a wall, a piece of furniture, a door, anything purple.  Don't ask, because I have no explanation for it.  So I finally decided to paint the desk purple and I'm so glad I did - even though the stupid thing sucked up five whole cans of spray paint.

Check out this old post to see where it started.



I'm happy with it - even though it has some weird rough patches.  I don't know if it dried funny in a few places or what, but I'm not too bothered by it.  At least it's done, and it's much cleaner than the white version which had so man dings and scrapes and got super dingy from regular use.

I have a couple of tables I've been meaning to paint too, but I need to get myself a sander for them first.  Hopefully I'll be able to share that soon!  In the meantime, I've been on a major purging spree the last few months and have gotten rid of loads of stuff (I'll do a post about that soon) so I'm resisting bringing in anything new in favour of finishing off stuff that I already have.  Hopefully lots more to share in the next coming while!

1 comment:

Joan Crawford said...

You're so crafty! I love these posts - keep 'em coming so I can live vicariously through you.