Monday, 19 March 2012

The Greatest Table in the World and Some Other Stuff

I've got some new thrift store treasures to show off!  I've been trying to make a habit of getting out the check out the shops in town on Saturdays while Vivian takes a nap, since it's so hard to bring her in with me.  Those hands of hers get pretty grabby!

I found this "Souvenir of Malta" tray for $1.  Since my friend Jenn is Maltese, it was an easy gift!  I saw it last weekend and didn't grab it, but luckily it was still there when I went back.


I haven't read Stephen King's Dark Tower series yet (I know, I know!) so I'm trying to pick them up whenever I find them here and there.  So I grabbed book #3, and an old dictionary.  I love the graphic look of the dictionary pages, so I might use some for some framing ideas I have.  



I also found an old atlas which may meet its end by being torn apart and framed in various ways.  When the books are only 50 cents apiece, it makes it easy to think about ripping them up.


I've been wanting to get some embroidery hoops for a long time, because they always pop up on Pinterest with interesting fabrics and then hung on a wall in a grouping.  I love the look of it, and love the idea of using them to display old concert T-shirts or favourite baby clothes or something.  I think I got this bunch of hoops for $2.


There's just something I love about old travel bags like this.  I have an old red bowling bag that I got for 50 cents at a yard sale years ago, and I love it.  I get complimented on it constantly.  This bag is a great size and has a nice long strap, which I love.  It's in really great condition and was only $2!


Sigh...and then there's my treasure, my new favourite.


Now at first glance it may not look that impressive.  Just an old table with room for magazine storage underneath...

But when you look at the top, you see it's actually a table with a BUILT-IN ASH TRAY.


Does this blow your mind as much as it does mine?  I mean, this table encourages bad behaviour.  Notice how the ash tray actually has a section at the back to hold your pack of smokes and a cupholder area?  This table was made for relaxing with a smoke and a drink after you've slapped your wife around a little bit.


I love it.  Just love it.  I would really like to paint the table (Not the ashtray though!  That thing is mint!) and can't wait to use it.  I can't believe I almost walked away from it because I thought it was a little pricey at $8.  So glad I went for it though.  

Have you found anything interesting lately?  The fantastic weather we've been getting seems to have jump-started yard sale season!




No comments: