Thursday, 15 March 2012

The Costanza

Remember on Seinfeld how George had that ridiculously deformed wallet that was literally bursting?

I feel like I have a wallet like that.




And after spending far too much time at the Chapters counter searching for my rewards card, I decided it was time for a wallet clean-out.  And you, lucky blog readers, get to hear about the contents.

In my wallet I found...

The usual suspects:

  • 3 debit cards
  • 1 basically useless credit card
  • Driver's licence
  • Health cards for Vivian and I
  • Birth certificates for Vivian and I
  • SIN Card (don't know why I carry it since the number is memorized)
  • 2 extended health benefits cards
The Store Cards:
  • HMV
  • Sunrise Records
  • Ricki's
  • EB Games
  • Scene Card
  • Shoppers Optimum
  • Eddie Bauer
  • Air Miles
  • Build A Bear Club
  • HBC Rewards
  • Coles iRewards
  • Petro Points
  • Suzy Shier
  • Plum Rewards
Yes, I never met a free store rewards card I didn't like.

The Punch Cards.  I can almost get a free or discounted something at:
  • Petro-Canada
  • Quiznos
  • Once Upon a Child
  • Marble Slab
  • The Big Scoop
  • Beauti-Tone Paint
  • The local hot dog stand
  • Scentsy
  • Old Navy
  • The Shoe Company
The Randoms:
  • Staples copy card
  • Goodlife Fitness card
  • Canadian Blood Services
  • Costco Membership
  • UWO Student Card (I know, still!)
  • Fire Simulator Training 
  • Lambton County library card
  • Smart Serve
  • City of London employee card
  • CUPE Membership
  • First Aid Course
  • 3M National Coaching Certification Program
  • Hockey trainer certificate
  • Fishing licence
The Really Randoms:
  • Business card for a mechanic that I should call but I'm afraid to
  • Receipt for mom's Christmas present
  • Checklist of Smurfs from McDonalds from last summer that I was collecting for Vivian (still missing Brainy, Baker, Clumsy and Gutsy!)
  • My accountant's business card
  • 2 for 1 Kidscape pass
  • Receipt with a survey code for Bath and Body Works
  • Cineplex movie passes
  • $5.00 off card for Under the Moon
  • A list of Stephen King books I don't have in case I'm in a used bookstore and can't remember
  • Plus a bunch of gift cards with like $2 left on all of them, but I won't get rid of them until they're actually completely used up
Then there's the garbage - more receipts and expired coupons and paperclips than I care to admit.

And then there's the fact that my wallet is like 10 years old and falling apart and has a broken zipper, but I love it and it's Diesel and I refuse to get rid of it until I can find a suitable replacement.

Please tell me you also have an excessive amount of cards and garbage in your wallet.  Don't even get me started on what's lurking in my purse.



No comments: