Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Making Time for my First Love

I'm a reader.  Always have been.  When I was little, I used to push my books around in my baby carriage instead of dolls.  True story.  I've never not had a book to read, there is always at least one book being dragged around in my purse.  But since having Vivian, I've been finding that I have less and less time to read, and it kills me.

Right now I'm reading George R. R. Martin's "A Game of Thrones"



I'm one of those people who fell in love with the HBO series and now I want to read all the books.  Of course, at the same time I'm reading...



That was our book club pick for last month, and I'm still not done it.  What is the deal with this book?  Why can't I get into it?  Everyone said you kind of have to plough through the first 100 pages or so and then it picks up, but I'm through the first 100 pages and just can't stick with it.  I hate not finishing books though, so I'll keep sticking with it.

Then I have this month's book club pick to get through...


I haven't bought it yet, so I should probably get on that.

Then of course there's the lovely stack of reading beside my bed that I'm dying to get to...



Yes, I haven't started the new Chuck Palahnuik yet.  I hate myself.



It's tormenting having this staring at me.



I will get to you too, Tom Robbins!



Oh, I do love a good non-fiction.

Then there's all the books that I want to pick up, but won't let myself until I get through the ones I already have.



 I WANT THIS SO BAD!



We're reading this for book club in July I think.  I can't wait!

Oh, and then in May the new Sookie Stackhouse book, "Deadlocked" comes out and I'll have to read that right away.  Plus the small mountain of comic books also sitting beside my bed waiting to be read.

Sigh, the problem with reading is I can't multi-task it.  I always find time for TV and folding laundry and interneting and Pinteresting because I can do it in conjunction with something else.  Not so with reading!  I'll have to start making more of a commitment to sitting down and reading when I have a few minutes.  Having a lunch break at work again has helped.

What are you reading?  Do you keep a stack of books on the nightstand too?  Just staring you in the face begging you to read them?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I contact Dr.Agbazara when i had of him and This was even faster than I could dream of. Thank you for taking time to listen to me and answering all my emails Dr.Agbazara. I feel emotional strong again. My confidence is back and I can see my future clearly now. I am forever grateful for your help in re-uniting me with my lover who divorced and left me years ago for another woman. you will see for your self what am saying when you contact this great spell caster called Dr.Agbazara on for any help at: ( agbazara@gmail.com ) OR call or add on WHATSAPP: +2348104102662 ) and get your problems solved.