Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Like Mother, Like Daughter

Like many people, the older I get, the more I realize I'm just like my mom.  It comes out in different ways at different times, but here's my example from last weekend.

On Saturday, Vivian and I were invited over for dinner and a movie by our friends, Dan and Amanda.  After dinner we were all chatting and Vivian was somehow running around the house with a plastic bag.  Being the terrible mother I am, I was letting her run around and put it on her head.  She was within arm's reach, whatever.  As she was playing with the bag, I mentioned one of my favourite scenes from Mad Men where Betty Draper informs Sally Draper on the true dangers of playing with dry cleaning bags.



So imagine my surprise when the next day we were at my mom's place and Vivian was once again running around with a plastic bag and my mom exclaimed, "Vivian, there had better not be any dry cleaning on the closet floor!"

Great minds think alike!

1 comment:

Dan Brown said...

If you like, we could leave some bags out for Vivian next time.