Thursday, 5 January 2012

What I'm Watching - Winter Edition

So I was going to write a post about comics today, but Jenn decided I should write about all the midseason premieres.  Gotta keep the readers satisfied, so here's what new shows I'll be watching and recording in the coming weeks!

Sunday


Angry Boys - 10:00 p.m. HBO - The newest offering by Chris Lilley.  If you haven't checked out Summer Heights High or We Can Be Heroes, I highly recommend you do.  I love his mockumentaries and the characters he comes up with are priceless.  


The Firm - (Premieres on January 8th at 9:00 p.m. on NBC, but its regular time slot is Thursdays at 10:00)  I'm not a huge John Grisham fan, but this show looks interesting.  I'll give it a couple of episodes and see if it sticks.


Napoleon Dynamite - 8:30 p.m. FOX (January 15)  Definitely won't be watching this premiere live since the Golden Globes are on that night and I love me some awards shows.  I don't have super high hopes for it, but I'm definitely interested.


Monday


The Bachelor - 8:00 p.m. ABC - Yes, it's a terrible, terrible trainwreck.  I still love it.  Don't judge.


Alcatraz - 8:00 p.m. (9:00 p.m. regular time slot) FOX (January 16)  Can't. Freaking. Wait!  I'm so excited for this show.  Let's see, I love JJ Abrams, love Jorge Garcia, love Sam Neill, and love Alcatraz.  This show has all of those things!!!  (P.S. - How freaking good does Sam Neill look?  The man is 64.  Can you believe that?)


Being Human - 9:00 p.m. Syfy (January 16)  I watched the first season of this last winter when I was home on maternity leave.  It wasn't bad.  I would like to check out the original British version.  I'll probably watch a bit more of this one though since one of Jagger's high school classmates is in it (Kristen Hager).


Smash - (February 6, NBC) I wasn't super pumped about this one, but the commercials are making it look pretty decent.  I've been reading that the pilot episode is pretty great so hopefully it doesn't drop off from there.






Tuesday


Remodeled - 9:00 p.m. CW (January 17) I don't know much about this show except what I saw in the commercials that aired during ANTM.  It seems to be about a man who yells at models.  I can get behind that concept.


The River - (February 7, ABC)  I haven't seen much about this show yet, and I'm not sure if that's because they're keeping it tightly under wraps or I just haven't been looking for it, but I'm still stoked.  This one is coming at you from Oren Peli, the director of the first Paranormal Activity.  A famous explorer goes missing on the Amazon and his rescue teams films their hunt for him.  It all seems very Heart of Darkness.




Wednesday


Are You There, Chelsea? - 8:30 NBC (January 11)  I don't know about this, I'm not a huge Chelsea Handler fan, and I'm not a huge Laura Prepon fan.  I'll give it a try, but it has stiff competition on Wednesday nights.




Thursday


Jersey Shore - 10:00 p.m. MTV - Yes, it's back on.  Yes, it's still terrible.  Don't judge.  Hopefully this season is better than the terminally dull Italy season.


30 Rock - 8:00 p.m. NBC (January 12) Finally!  Can't wait for more 30 Rock.  I want to be Liz Lemon when I grow up.

And of course, in addition to all those new and returning shows I'm eagerly looking forward to new episodes of all my returning favourites - The Simpsons, Family Guy, Cleveland Show, American Dad, The Walking Dead, Once Upon a Time, Pan Am, How I Met Your Mother, 2 Broke Girls, Suburgatory, Modern Family, Happy Endings, Revenge, Grey's Anatomy, Parks and Recreation, The Office, Up All Night, Big Bang Theory, Grey's Anatomy, New Girl, Glee, Fringe, Saturday Night Live, A Gifted Man...AND the return of Game of Thrones and Mad Men this spring!  Can't wait!!!

Also - the glaring omission here is that Cougar Town still hasn't been given any premiere date, which is a travesty.  I'll be playing Penny Can until it returns (hopefully when they cancel Work It)

What will you be watching?  Does anyone watch as much TV as I do?  This isn't even including all the reruns of Pawn Stars and Storage Wars that I watch...plus all the usual TLC trash...maybe I need to take stock of my life...



4 comments:

Dan Brown said...

Are you interested at all in Storage Wars Texas, American Hoggers or Lady Hoggers?

Mrs. Shaxfield said...

I'm watching a lot of the same shows too.

Just finished Game of Thrones tonight. Wicked ending to Season 1.

I have a mad Food Network addiction lately and I'm pretty stoked to watch, "You Gotta Eat Here!" where he goes around Canada eating comfort food. I love Diners, Drive-In's and Dives and Man vs. Food. I don't know why I take so much pleasure in watching other people eat food... ya that sounds weird.

Mrs. Shaxfield said...

Just watched it - the restaurant Relish in Wortley Village was on there. Have you been? In the words of Liz Lemon, "I want to go to there."

ashlie said...

That's awesome that Relish was on! I haven't been yet, but am dying to! I went there when it used to be Ciao when I lived in Wortley. I'll have to check out that show!