Friday, 27 January 2012

Vivian Vendredi - All the Little Things

Often when I look at Vivian, I have a hard time seeing myself.  I don't find that she looks like me, and I don't know that she ever will.  And isn't that the whole point of having a kid?  To have a mini-you wandering around?

Vivian's always been very much her own person, but I'm finding more and more that she has my personality.  Of course, she doesn't have my personality as a baby, she has my personality now.  She's like a 29 year old trapped in a 20 pound body.

She's stubborn.  She's independent.  She's sassy.  She has a temper.  She loves completely.

And when she's tired, I'll notice her making little circles with her feet.  Just twirling her foot around absent-mindedly while she sucks on her bottle, and that's when it hits me.

I do that when I'm tired.  My mom does that when she's tired.

Maybe there's more of me in this little girl than I think.


1 comment:

Dan Brown said...

Doesn't it make you feel good that a part of you will live on? You've achieve immortality!