Monday, 16 January 2012

Two Kinds of People - Sleeping with the TV on

The way I see it, there are two kinds of people in this world.  Those who like to sleep with the TV on and those who don't.

I am definitely the kind who likes to sleep with the TV on.

There's nothing better than curling up in bed, turning the sound down on the TV so you can just barely hear it and drifting off to the glow of the TV while you listen to it.  I like to fall asleep to things that I don't need to see - The Food Network works well, reruns of Seinfeld or Friends, or late night talk shows are also favourites.  I think the combination of the sound and the light of the TV is what does it in for me.   Set that sleep timer so it automatically turns off in a couple of hours and I'm set for the night.  Love it!

I come by it honestly too - my mom and my brothers and sister are all TV sleepers.  When we all lived at home we had seven TVs in the house for five people because we all needed a TV in our room to fall asleep.

There are others though, who don't agree.  Some people can't stand to fall asleep with the TV on.  These people are called crazy nut jobs.

Which camp do you fall in?

1 comment:

Dan Brown said...

There are two kinds of people: Those who divide the world into two kinds of people, and those who do not.