Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Snackie Style

So, how is everyone doing with their resolutions?  I usually resolve not to make any resolutions because otherwise I just end up being a giant disappointment to myself.  However, I would like to comfortably be able to wear my favourite jeans again (I can do them up, but moving around in them isn't really an option) so hopefully that will be happening soon.  I'm back to work all the time now, which I think will help since I'll be eating at normal times and can get into a routine.  Routine works for me.

I'm trying to do the Weight Watchers thing again, and was supposed to start yesterday, but kind of forgot to write things down.  Then I ate some chocolate.  That's the worst part about Weight Watchers - as soon as I screw up once I'm like "Whatever, I'll just eat everything for the rest of the week and start for real next week."  Yeah.

So, my plan is to eat breakfast at home, take my travel mug of coffee to work and pack my lunch as often as possible.  Because my job sometimes keeps me in court through lunch, I always like to have something on hand in case I'm a little rushed.  Say hello to my new favourite lunch...


Isn't it adorable?  It's better when there's a little yogurt or stack of pepperettes nestled up with the cheese, but I didn't have any.  I actually didn't even need to pack this lunch because I have a lunch date tomorrow.  I packed it just so I could take a picture of it and blog about it.  That's dedication, people.

Anyway, snackie little platters like this are pretty much my favourite thing ever.  I don't see anything wrong with eating nothing but appetizers for the rest of my life.  A little of this, a little of that = awesome.  The crackers are rosemary and olive oil Triscuits, which I'm basically obsessed with.  For reals, I could eat them forever.  The grapes give me something sweet and the carrots give me something crunchy to make me feel fuller.  I'm a ridiculously fast eater (seriously, I'm probably way faster than you are) so having little compartments to pick at helps slow me down.  Plus, it's so cute!  People at work always see it and ask who has the nice little lunch.  I love it.  It's a Lock and Lock container that I got at Walmart and it's so helpful.  You can take out the compartments if you need to put something bigger in it too.  Hopefully this will help keep me eating normal things and normal portions at lunch instead of getting into the whole mindset of "I'm starving and I hate my sad little lunch of leftovers that I don't want.  I'll run to the Superstore and get a pizza bun instead!  That's healthy, right?  Not really because it's covered in grease?  Well then I'll counteract it with a Greek salad.  What's that?  I shouldn't eat so much feta cheese?  It's a salad, it's healthy!  Oh hey wait, it's a Wendy's!"

So that's my plan.  And I don't mean to brag or anything, but I wore a new pair of pants today that were super big on me.  I'm figuring that it's because I've been eating like a normal human being for two days and obviously am getting super skinny because it's just that easy to lose weight and not because I most likely bought the pants a size too big and then they stretched throughout the day.  Yeah, that's it.

No comments: