Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Sickening Slippers

I think it's pretty fair to say that we all have at least one article of clothing that is completely disgusting, but we hold onto it anyway because we love it so much.

Say hello to my slippers.


They can say hello back to you.


And my other toe can say hi too.


If I've ever been over to your house, odds are pretty good that you've seen my slippers.  I tend to drag them around everywhere with me.

Mom got them for me for Christmas years ago.  Like maybe 7 years ago?  I'm not sure.  I know I had them for at least one year of university though.  My sister got a pair too, and we've both just worn the shit out of them.  Courtney wears hers as outside shoes in the winter.


They're Emu and they've definitely held up pretty well considering the use they've had.  Mine are so gross - there's paint on them, and stains from where I've dropped food on them.  For reals.


I love them though - they're the perfect slipper!  There's no lip on the back to bug your foot, there's a nice hard sole so you can wear them outside if you need to, they're warm in the winter and cool in the summer.  Awesome.

Will I ever get another pair of slippers?  I guess one day these bad boys will actually die and I'll have to say goodbye.  There will come a day when I can no longer hot glue them back together (true story) and that will be a very sad day.  I might have to keep them around in my archives or something.

What's your most disgusting article of clothing that you just can't give up?

No comments: