Sunday, 4 December 2011

Radvent - Day 4: Caring


I bought myself a Christmas present yesterday.  Did you read that right?  I bought something for myself.  Something I didn't need.  Something I just wanted.

I had been thinking about buying myself a rowing machine for a few weeks.  I know with winter coming I need to do something for myself.  Something to help lose that last bit of weight and help keep my sanity on all those cold snowy days.  The rowing machine was always my favourite at the gym - cardio and resistance all in one, which somehow comes together in a hypnotic and addictive way.  I love it.  Of course I struggled with the decision.  Vivian's birthday is coming up, and then Christmas is right after it.  How can I justify spending money on myself?

I can justify it because I'm important.  I'm as important as the other people in my life.  My sanity, my happiness is worth it.

It's hard to put yourself first - but it's worth it.

No comments: