Saturday, 3 December 2011

Radvent - Day 3: Fascination


It's a hard thing to think of yourself as interesting.  At least it is for me.  I'm too self-deprecating to consider myself interesting, let alone fascinating.  I do think it's important to try and make yourself interesting though, even if you can't admit to it.  It's important to explore new opportunities and to take chances.  It seems silly, but for years I resisted the urge to read comics.  I always wanted to, but I didn't want to cross that line into being "someone who reads comic books."  It seemed too geeky, even for me.  Since crossing that line, I've cultivated a hobby that I really enjoy.  I've met awesome friends who I wouldn't have met otherwise.  I've brought art into my every day life.

As an adult, it's easy to get stuck.  To keep hanging out with the same people and going to the same places.  When you break that stagnant cycle, you open yourself up to all kinds of interesting people and places.  And who knows, you might just be the interesting friend that someone else is looking for.

1 comment:

Lost Star said...

Thanks for expressing this. Many of my own thoughts are in this post.