Thursday, 22 December 2011

Radvent: Day 22 - Promises


Promises to Vivian

I promise to let you eat junk food once in a while.
I promise to try to remember what's really important before getting frustrated with you.
I promise to let you be yourself.
I promise to listen to you.
I promise to make you a bed on the couch when you're sick.
I promise to laugh at your jokes.
I promise to encourage you to do whatever you want.
I promise to make you learn the value of hard work.
I promise to always be proud of you.
I promise to play with you, even when I'm tired.
I promise to buy you books.
I promise to teach you.
I promise to let you decorate your room however you want.
I promise not to get worked up if you want green hair.
I promise to worry about you.
I promise to guide you.
I promise to try to make Christmas magical for you.
I promise to do my best.
I promise to love you.

If you haven't been reading Megan's original Radvent posts, you really should check out today's.  She writes a monthly letter to her daughter, Alice and they're so beautiful!

2 comments:

Dan Brown said...

I forget, did you and Jagger use traditional wedding vows?

ashlie said...

No, we used secular vows that I found online. I have a copy of them somewhere.