Saturday, 17 December 2011

Radvent: Day 17 - Music


It's funny this prompt should come today, because I was at a concert last night!  My first concert in far too long.  My friend Jenn and I went to see AWOLNATION, and it was amazing.  If you get the chance to see them live, I highly recommend it.  It was a super high energy show and the crowd was awesome.

Not sure who they are?  Perhaps you've heard this song...


Awesome.

It was a small club show, which completely renewed my love of club shows.  I mean, really, it's the best way to see a band.  People at club shows are super pumped because they love the band.  I find people tend to see bands at big arenas or festivals just to say they went.  People go to a club show out of love.  I love the intimacy of the stage and how the band will interact with the crowd.  At this show, by the end of the encore the stage was completely covered with people from the crowd, it was awesome.

Sure it can make me feel old when I desperately want to sit down somewhere after an hour, but it's so totally worth it.

What's the best concert you've ever been to?

No comments: