Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Radvent: Day 14 - Pride


I'll admit it.  I miss living in the city.  Living in London was great - everything was there.  It was easy to run out to the mall to get whatever you needed, there was always a 24-hour Shoppers Drug Mart close by, and a wide variety of fast food.

I miss the old neighbourhood, Wortley Village.  If you haven't been to this part of London, you should check it out.  It's like this weird small town right in the middle of the city, and it's beautiful.  One day I was literally going for a walk and two little girls went skipping down the sidewalk signing "My Favourite Things" from the  Sound of Music.  For reals.

I miss my old running routes.  I miss being able to smell the Labatt's brewery.  I miss being able to go home for lunch.  I miss being able to drive with my gas light on for days because I only had to stay in the city.

Don't get me wrong, Strathroy is great.  It's big enough that you have everything you need, but small enough that you don't have to deal with traffic or any other big city problems.  And it's only 20 minutes to get to London for anything else.

It's not the same though.  It doesn't have that same feel, it's not home yet.

Maybe as Vivian grows up here I'll be able to appreciate Strathroy a little more and it will feel more like home.

Until then I'll just cruise by Labatt's every now and then to catch a whiff.  

No comments: