Sunday, 11 December 2011

Radvent: Day 11 - Resting


Oh, what a timely choice.  As I write this we've just finished the exhausting task of Vivian's first birthday party.  This weekend consisted of Vivian throwing up all over the living room and Jagger coming down with strep throat while I wait for everything to make me sick.  If things go as they usually do, I'll probably be half-dead by Christmas day.

I know that I need to take a break - go to bed before 2:00 a.m. for once - maybe even before midnight!  Take some time to relax while I still have time off.  The problem is just this time of year - we have no decorations up (due to a self-imposed "no Christmas decorations until after Vivian's birthday and party" rule) and I have no Christmas shopping done.

Are you one of those people who says things like, "I can't get sick right now.  I don't have time.  I can be sick next week, but not right now."  Yeah, I'm one of those people.  One of those people who spent every slack week in university in bed with a cold instead of partying.  One of those people who needs a nap on Christmas day not because it's Christmas day but because I feel like shit.  Can't get sick when it's busy, so I get sick the second I slow down.

But really, I should just rest ahead of time.

No comments: