Saturday, 31 December 2011

Finally!

Yesterday was a pretty special day.  Vivian was in daycare for the day and Jagger was at work.  Which meant I had the entire day to myself!  Crazy.  Of course instead of planning ot have a relaxing day to myself, I decided I needed a project to tackle.  

Enter my kitchen.  The kitchen I've been wanting to paint since I first set foot in this house.  Here's an old, old picture from when we first moved in.


Bland city.  Blah.

Well, after a day of running around getting paint and supplies for some other projects and a quick trip downtown to buy myself a pair of fantastic vintage earrings it was time to pick Vivian up from daycare and I hadn't started painting yet.  Mom had said I wouldn't be able to do paint the room in a day though, so I was determined to get it done anyway.  

So, at 8:00 p.m. I started the first coat.  At 1:30 a.m. I started the second coat.  And at 3:30 a.m. I had a painted kitchen.  And it's fantastic!




Sure the lighting is bad and my camera is crap, but you get the idea.  It's so awesome, I loves it.

Now, I know what you're wondering.  Yes, that is a trifle bowl filled with bags of goldfish crackers for Vivian on my kitchen table.  And yes, my napkin holder is filled with napkins from Quiznos.

The colour is Cedar Green by Benjamin Moore.  I'm in love with it.  I'm a big fan of using colour - no beige for me!

I'm so glad I finally got my ass in gear and got it done.  It's definitely not a perfect job (I don't really believe in taping things off, so it's a little messy in places) but it's done.  Finally.

Now all I have to do is something with that little area above the stove.  I didn't want to paint it because it's a weird textured area.  I think I might try and tile it and do something fancy since it's such a small area.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Micaela said...

So bright and happy!