Sunday, 20 November 2011

Painted Little Tikes Furniture

Remember the dingy old Little Tikes table and chairs I picked up off the curb back in May?


I finally got around to painting them!


Some people don't think you can paint plastic - but you totally can.  Just get the spray paint that specifies it's for plastic and you're good to go!  Originally I started painting the chairs blue to match the table, but it wasn't covering super well, so I just gave them a fresh coat of yellow to brighten them up.  It definitely seemed to work better to paint it in a similar colour to what it originally was.  You could paint it a totally different colour, but I think it would take a lot more coats to get it totally covered, and I was too lazy for that.

Not bad, right?

2 comments:

Eleven's Ink said...

Looks brand new!! Oh paint. Gotta love it!

Abigail said...

This looks awesome! I too found a set like this on the curb and want to spruce it up for my little one. Did you find that the spray paint withstood the test of toddlers?