Monday, 28 November 2011

Dress Me Up

Of course I'm overthinking my outfit for work tomorrow.  I was lucky enough to snag this awesome Shabby Apple dress from a Facebook mom to mom seller group for $15, can you believe it?  Here's the picture from the website...


Obviously, I don't look like that.  Luckily though, the dress looks pretty good on, and I love it!

The only problem?  What shoes do I wear?  I can't decide between the following three options - tell me what your choice is!

Option one - black boots.


Yes - fair warning - all of these pictures are pretty crappy because I took them myself in my bedroom mirror while Vivian was napping.  Also, you have to smack my camera to make it work, so we're not dealing with the best technology here.


I like the boots, and I usually wear them with dresses in the winter, but I think this dress is a little long for boots and they might weigh the dress down too much.

Option two - purple peep-toes.


I love these shoes, and I don't wear them enough.  Can I pull off a red dress with black tights and purple shoes though?  I don't know.


I'm pretty attached to the idea of wearing the black tights as opposed to regular nylons - am I wrong?

And option three - beige sandals, still with the black tights.


 Kind of an unconventional look, but I am actually really digging it.  What do you think?  At least this picture turned out a bit better - the sun must have come out while I was taking it.


 Also, try to imagine my hair being done (I'd just gotten out of the shower and started taking pictures) and make up on and whatnot.

Okay, your turn!  What shoes should I wear?  And no, I don't have a pair of just plain black heels.  Apparently I got rid of them in some sort of crazy cleaning binge.


3 comments:

Sara said...

What colors are in the sash? I can't really tell from the picture.

My order for preference:
1. Beige wedges with the black tights. I don't know why but I like it.
2. Black boots
3. Purple peep toes

Good luck going back to work, I hope you enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Go with the beige wedges but with nude tights.

ashlie said...

I think I'm definitely leaning towards the beige wedges! I like it with the black tights too, I think with nude tights it might seem like I'm trying to look summery or something. The colours in the sash are red, white and blue, but there are light blue and navy blue stipes, so the navy kind of reads as black. I'm wearing a black camisole underneath to keep it work-safe, so I thought the black tights might help to pull it all together!