Thursday, 3 November 2011

Cillian Murphy

It's time for a serious discussion about Cillian Murphy's face.  Is anyone a big Cillian Murphy fan?  Can someone tell me what's happening with his face?

The first time I became aware of Cillian Murphy was when I watched 28 Days Later.  See, at the start of the movie he's in a coma and is all beard-o.


I distinctly remember watching the movie and thinking, "Meh."

Soon though, he decides to shave.  Because this is important during a zombie apocalypse.


Then all of a sudden - whoa!  Lose the scruff and now we've got something to look at for the rest of the movie!


Somehow though, I've never been able to feel the same way about him in any other movie.  Somehow he ends up coming off looking a little too pretty or smug or something.  I don't even know what it is.  I mean, in this picture he almost looks like Kat Dennings.



And I love Kat Dennings.

I'm so confused.

I don't think I'm the only one though - there's a whole blog dedicated to unflattering screencaps of Cillian Murphy.  Very interesting.

4 comments:

Rita said...

I know what you mean. He's got beautiful blue eyes and great dark hair but sometimes...I don't know. Have you seen him on Sunshine? I hate that movie but my husband owns it. He looks ...greasy??? or dirty? I'll have to show your post to my daughter and see what she thinks. I'm sure she'll want to chime in!

Joan Crawford said...

He's just too pretty. It's the same with Jonathan Rhys Meyer, his lips are too sensual and his eyes are too beautiful.

ashlie said...

I am so glad I'm not alone in this! I think you guys are right - he's just too pretty or something!

nana said...

He is just annoyingly beautiful.
His face has a perfect symmetry and it's hard to get used to it because men don't usually have a flawless face.
Just get over it :)
(and btw about that site with the unflattering screencaps it's the biggest stupidity I've ever seen there is no point.Everyone who is exposed to screen has unflattering moments and it is a good thing when it comes to acting.)