Monday, 10 October 2011

Light Switcheroo

So last summer we had our living room painted.  I hated the light fixture at our front door, and knew I wanted it replaced, so I took it down enough to be fully painted around so I wouldn't have to touch it up after I got a new light.

It hung there until last week.


Sad, sad, sad.

The long story is that I spent over an hour one day trying to switch it out with a new cheapo light that I bought.  Of course the old bracket wouldn't fit the new light, and I didn't have any drill bits to put in a new bracket, so we just had nothing there for awhile. 

I got sick enough of it that I decided to take the easier route - spray paint the old brass fixture, buy a new shade for it and call it a day.



Quite the improvement, if I do say so myself.  The old shade was a horrible frosted frilly thing.  But now with the black spray paint and seeded glass shade, it's pretty presentable.

Not too shabby for a $7 shade replacement and a $6 can of spray paint.

And I successfully put it all back together without electrocuting myself, so there's that.

1 comment:

Eleven's Ink said...

ahahaha love the last line! You are pretty handy, there! Watch out, Ty Pennington!