Monday, 17 October 2011

Peanut Butter M&Ms

I eat far more Peanut Butter M&Ms than I care to admit to.  They're definitely my weakness.  See, the thing is, they used to be really hard to come across.  I can remember a time when I would only occasionally find a bag at some random gas station and it would be cause for a serious celebration.  Now they're everywhere!  I can't walk into a WalMart without being confronted with regular sized bags, big bags and bowl sized bags. 

What makes them so wonderful?  What makes them better than Reece's Pieces?  They're bigger.  I love Reece's Pieces, but they're small, like Smarties, so you can throw a whole handful in your mouth at a time.  With the M&Ms, you have to savour them.  Sometimes I just crunch them one at a time, sometimes I break off the candy shell and let the peanut butter melt.  My favourite thing to do with them though is to eat them with popcorn.  An M&M paired with a little handful of movie popcorn?  Heaven.

I almost wish they were hard to find again.  They're just so darn tempting.  I never seem to see any advertising for them though.  Have you?  Do you remember a time when they were a rarity in the chocolate world?

(P.S. - in the same vein, Smarties are vastly superior to Plain M&Ms.  Plain M&Ms are the worst.  To any American readers who don't have Smarties, I highly recommend you find a box of them the next time you're in the Great White North.)

2 comments:

Joan Crawford said...

I feel the same way about Cadbury Creme Eggs! I can really eat about 5 in a single sitting... thank god they only come out seasonally. Did you know in the states, "Rockets" are called "Smarties". And Canadian Smarties don't exist there. Nor do Coffee Crisps.

ashlie said...

No ketchup chips, either! Poor bastards. I am not a fan of Cadbury Creme Eggs, but my husband loves them!