Wednesday, 12 October 2011

If the dishwasher isn't going to work anyway, it might as well do something useful

Our dishwasher broke last January.  We paid to have it fixed, and it worked great for another 2 weeks before breaking again.  We haven't bothered to fix it again, because at this point we had might as well just buy a new one.  So since this one wasn't doing anything, and Vivian insists on being in the kitchen with me, I decided to turn it into a little area for her to play.

I pulled out my trusty chalkboard paint and painted the side of it so she would have a nice magnetic chalkboard surface.  Throw in a $2 bag of fridge magnets and she has a place to play that isn't the fridge.  It's great having magnets on the fridge for kids to play with, but then they're always in your way when you're trying to cook.  This way she can play and I can actually get things done!


And yes, there was only one "V" in the bag of magnets, so I improvized and used a 7.  I'm clever like that.

1 comment:

Eleven's Ink said...

That is a really good idea! Great way to reuse the machine! And clever letter/numbering, there!men