Thursday, 8 September 2011

My DVR is going to be getting a workout!

By popular demand (and by "popular", I mean one person.  Hi, Lisa!).  Here is a my fall viewing schedule.  It will definitely change as I drop shows along the way, but here is my plan for checking out the new shows over the next few weeks.  I clearly will not be doing much else.

(I use TvLine for all my Fall show previews and schedules, it's a great site for all your entertainment needs!)

Tuesday, September 13th

I'm Watching...
  • Probably not much, just the usual TLC type stuff because...
I'm Recording...
  • (9:00 p.m.) Ringer (CW) the new show with Sarah Michelle Gellar.  I don't think I'll get it on the TV upstairs, so I'll probably just record it downstairs and watch it later.  

Wednesday, September 14th

I'm Watching...
  • (9:00 p.m.) America's Next Top Model.  It's the All-Star Season, which is a bit of a ridiculous concept, but I'm pumped for some drama!
  • (10:00 p.m.) Up All Night (NBC)  I'm really looking forward to this one with Christina Applegate and Will Arnett (not to mention Mya Rudolph)  I really hope it doesn't let me down.
  • (10:30 p.m.) Free Agents (NBC)  I'm not as excited about this one, but I'll watch it because of the lead-in.
I'm Recording...
  • Big Brother 13 - I'll probably just watch the west coast feed later on.  We'll see who wins!
Thursday, September 15th

I'm Watching...
  • Not much, by the looks of it!  Looks like most Thursday shows are holding off until the following week.
Monday, September 19th

I'm Watching...
  • (8:00 p.m.) How I Met Your Mother (CBS) I only just got into this show last season, and I'm really looking forward to the new one!  There's two episodes on for the premiere.
  • (9:00 p.m.) Two and a Half Men (CBS) Even though I don't usually watch this show, I'll probably check out the first episode just because of the hype.
  • (9:30 p.m.) Two Broke Girls (CBS) Super excited about this one!
  • (10:00 p.m.) The Playboy Club (NBC) I'm kind of on the fence about this one, but I'll check it out for a few episodes.
I'm Recording...
  • (9:00 p.m.) The Roast of Charlie Sheen (Comedy) You know you want to see it.
Tuesday, September 20th

I'm Watching...
  • (8:00 p.m.) Glee (FOX) Can't wait for the new season!
  • (9:00 p.m.) New Girl (Fox) I'm so excited for this show, the commercials make me laugh every single time.  There are no bounds to the adorableness of Zooey Deschannel.  She's Queen of the Hipsters.
I'm Recording...
  • (8:00 p.m.) Biggest Loser (NBC) I might have to let this one go as the season goes on, just because it's so time consuming.  Or I might just record it and fast forward to the weigh-in, that's all that really matters.
Wednesday, September 21st

I'm Watching...
  • (8:00 p.m.) Up All Night (NBC) This is their regular time slot, which is nice since it doesn't conflict with Modern Family and stuff at 9:00.
  • (8:30 p.m.) Free Agents (NBC) Again, no so sure about this one.  We'll see.
  • (9:00 p.m.) Modern Family (ABC) Can't wait to see what they have in store for this season!  The premiere is an hour long.
  • (10:00 p.m.) Revenge (ABC) I'm not sold on this one either, but I'll check it out a few times.
I'm Recording...
  • (9:00 p.m.) Top Model!
Thursday, September 22nd (This one's a doozy)

I'm Watching...
  • (8:00 p.m.) The Big Bang Theory (CBC) I've learned to love this show over the past year - and it ended on a great cliffhanger.  Two episodes for the premiere!
  • (8:30 p.m.) Parks and Recreation (NBC) Not sure how to handle this one - I might just watch one episode of Big Bang Theory and then switch over to Parks and Rec.  I adore Parks and Rec!
  • (9:00 p.m.) The Office (NBC) Can't wait to see James Spader taking over!
  • (9:30 p.m.) Whitney (NBC) This show looks pretty terrible.  I want to see just how terrible it is though.
  • (10:00 p.m.) Prime Suspect (NBC) I wasn't originally excited about this show, but I do like Maria Bello.  I'll check it out.
I'm Recording...
  • (8:00 p.m.) Charlie's Angels (ABC) Not totally sold on this remake, but we'll see.
  • (9:00 p.m.) Grey's Anatomy (ABC) 2 hour season premiere - lots of drama!
  • (9:00 p.m.) Person of Interest (CBS) This show is getting a lot of buzz, and I can't wait to see if it lives up to the hype.
Friday, September 23rd

I'm Watching...
  • (8:00 p.m.) A Gifted Man (CBS) I haven't seen a lot of promos for this show, which worries me a little.  I wouldn't miss a date with Patrick Wilson though.
  • (9:00 p.m.) Fringe (FOX) After the shocking end to last season, I'm dying to see what happens next!
Sunday, September 25th

I'm Watching...
  • (8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.) FOX's Animation Domination.  I don't feel like listing them all, but you know what I'm talking about.  I'll be watching the cartoons.
  • (10:00 p.m.) PanAm (ABC) I thought I would be more excited for this show, but I'm still cautiously optimistic.  We'll see how it goes.
I'm Recording...
  • (9:00 p.m.) Boardwalk Empire (HBO) I still haven't watched the first season, but I'm dying to!
  • (9:00 p.m.) Sister Wives (TLC) I love me some Sister Wives.
Monday, September 26th

I'm Watching...
  • (8:00 p.m.)  How I Met Your Mother (CBS) Regular time slot
  • (8:30 p.m.) Two Broke Girls (CBS) Regular time slot
I'm Recording...
  • (8:00 p.m.) Terra Nova (FOX) I don't know if I'll keep up with this one, it doesn't really seem like my thing, but I definitely want to check out the (much-hyped) pilot episode.
Wednesday, September 28th

I'm Watching...
  • (8:30 p.m.) Suburgatory (ABC) I'm predicting that I'll abandon "Free Agents" and move from watching "Up All Night" at 8:00 on NBC to ABC for the rest of their comedy line-up.
  • (9:00 p.m.) Modern Family (ABC) Regular time slot
  • (9:30 p.m.) Happy Endings (ABC) If you didn't catch this show when it was aired in the spring, you should definitely get on board with it now.  It is definitely one of my favourite shows and one of the funniest shows on TV!
Thursday, September 29th

I'm Recording...
  • (8:30 p.m.) How to Be a Gentleman (CBS) I don't know much about this show, but the cast (including Rhys Darby) makes me want to check it out.
That about does it for the September premieres.  In October there are a few more newbies that I want to check out, namely...
  • Dexter (Showtime) - Premieres October 2nd.  I still have to watch the last season!
  • The Walking Dead (AMC) - Premieres October 16th.  Yay zombies!
  • Grimm (NBC) - Fairy tale detectives premiers October 21st.
  • Once Upon A Time (ABC) - The other fairy tale show, and the one that is garnering a lot of praise.  This one premieres October 23rd.
  • Allen Gregory (FOX) - Another cartoon!  October 30th
Whew.  That's the fall premieres.  There are so many new shows, it's going to be a crazy month.  We'll see how things settle down once the axe starts to fall though!

What new shows are you excited about?




1 comment:

JennO said...

Thanks for pointing me to AMTN All Star series. I used to love this show, but I never watch TV anymore. I will, however, be making it a point for this beaut. LOL! Thanks Ashleigh!