Monday, 12 September 2011

Awkward - Running

Just one of those awkward moments that make life a little more interesting.

Have you ever seen someone running and not been sure if they're running for exercise or that they're running away from something?  Maybe they're wearing cargo shorts.  Or skateboarding shoes.  Or they just don't have headphones on.  Maybe it's a girl with a full face of makeup on.  Something about them just seems off and you can't quite tell what's going on.  You look around for a big dog or something that might be chasing them, a bus that's waiting for them, but there's no excuse for the running.  So is it exercise?

I once saw a guy alternating between running and walking down a busy downtown street in the middle of the day wearing khakis and a golf shirt.  I figured he was in a rush to find a bathroom (lovely, I know) but as soon as he got near the office building that seemed to be his destination, he walked casually up to the doors.  So what was going on there?  A little lunch break exercise?  Who knows.

1 comment:

JennO said...

Hahaha! When I go for runs sometimes I wonder if people think I look tired. I wonder this at kilometre 4.5 out of 5, and I wonder this around kilometre 0.025 out of 5. Ha!